Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Treasures Uncovered

Op Shops. Thrift Stores. Whatever you call it where you're from, they mean the same thing. Buried treasure, amazing potential for discovery. I took a little trip today with Teddy Bear, and found the sweetest little things.


We have some floral vintage handkerchiefs at the front, some floral vintage sheeting at the back, and those dear little lambs are actually salt and pepper shakers! I saw them last time I was at this store, and couldn't stop thinking about them. Don't you just love it when you go back and the item you so badly wanted was still there?

I did buy all this vintage for a reason. Over on Facebook, I am part of a group called The Collective Project and we all contribute to a quarterly showcase. The next one that is running is called Vintage Love Story, and I can't wait to get started on some contributions for it! For those interested, check out The Collective Project, the next showcase is running on Friday 21st June. My fingers are itching to start putting my secret plans into action!

Another treasure for me, and this is a HUGE cause for excitement, is that I've acquired some precious Tilda fabric for $19/yard! I adore those teacups and would love to make something to jazz up my kitchen. I'd love to hear some suggestions if you have any ;-)


Teddy Bear's 1st birthday went beautifully on Sunday, the only regret I have is that the quilt didn't get finished in time! I was about 60% of the way through the quilting when I realised I didn't have time to finish. Instead of dwelling on it though, I pulled out the remaining safety pins and threw it on the floor anyway. The teddy bears sitting on top didn't complain once!


Happy birthday, my sweet baby girl.

1 comment: